Peer correction is an activity where students have a chance to check their friends' task during a lesson. The teacher just prepares and monitors the activity during the process.
How to do peer correction?
- Prepare writing materials. Focus on one grammar. Example: Present Tense.
- Ask students to compose paragraph about their habitual actions.
- Ask students to exchange their work.
- Ask students to check the error made by their friends.
- Ask them to circle the errors so that their friends can fix them.
- Ask students to give comments.
The benefit of doing peer correction is to make students responsible on what they are doing. Beside that, students are involved in teaching and learning process. Students also recognize their own errors by learning directly. Teachers may be helped not to spend much time to check their students' work one by one.
Tidak ada komentar: