Make a list of something that make you happy or sad!
Decide whether the following expressions are showing attention or sympathy!
- How upsetting.
- That's a pity.
- You must be very upset.
- I see.
- I'm sorry to hear that.
- You're right.
- Is it?
- I'm terribly sorry about ...
- How annoying.
Practice a dialogue with your friend based on the following situation.
- Tell your friend that your grandma passed away.
- Tell your friend that you've got sick.
- Tell your friend that you've got a present from your parents.
- Tell your friend that you've got new sister.
- Tell your friend that you've cut your finger.