The following is the procedure how to teach reading recount text.
Aims: By the end of the lesson students will be better able to get specific information from the text in the genre of recount.
Materials: Recount text entitled go swimming
1. Give students leading questions e.g. do you like swimming? where do you usually go swimming. This is useful to lead students into the topic.
2. Teach students the keywords of the reading task.
3. Give students a recount text. You may get the material of recount text at the end of this teaching procedure.
4. Ask students to fill the gap with the appropriate answer. Give 5 minutes to accomplish the task.
5. Ask students to find the meaning of some vocabulary items on their own language or English.
6. Ask students to fill the gap with the appropriate words.
7. Ask students to answer questions about the recount text.
8. Conclude the lesson.
Tidak ada komentar: