Game in English Language Teaching is useful to motivate learners to learn new language. Beside that, game is useful to loose learners' stress during the lesson.
Sekolahoke.com introduces a fun game called linking words. The game is easy to apply and really fun to be played in the classroom.
The following is steps how to play linking words game.
1. You just need a whiteboard and a board maker as media.
2. Divide students into 3 groups.
3. Write a word on the board.
4. Ask the first group to call out a word beginning with the last letter of the word.
5. Ask the second group to call out a word beginning with the last letter of the word told by the first group.
6. Ask the third group to call out a word beginning with the last letter of the word called by the second group.
7. Back to the first group, ask them to call out a word beginning with the last letter told by the third group.
8. Continue until 8 turn.
To make the game more challenging, you can count 1 to 5 after telling a group to call out a word. If the group can't say a word, continue to the next group.
At the end of the game, count the words got by every groups. Give a punishment to a group having the least words, for example asking them to sing or something.